(credit: Evan Semón/CBS) DENVER (AP) – Peyton Manning threw three touchdowns, including one to defensive tackle Mitch Unrein, to help the Denver Broncos wrap up the AFC West with a 31-23 victory Sunday over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Broncos (9-3) won their seventh straight and the Tampa Bay (6-6) loss clinched the NFC South for Atlanta, which won on Thursday. Manning threw for 242 yards. He now has 29 touchdown passes on the season, moving past Jake Plummer and John Elway for the most by a Denver quarterback in a single year. Manning threw two of the scores to Demaryius Thomas, who finished with eight catches for 99 yards. Broncos linebacker Von Miller returned an interception for his first NFL score. (credit: Evan Semón/CBS) The Broncos held Tampa running back Doug Martin to 56 yards on 18 carries. By EDDIE PELLS, AP National Writer (© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Most recent posts
- Ronnie Hillman believes he can carry load in Broncos’ backfield (NBC Sports)
- Does Abraham still make sense in Denver?
- Does former Green Bay LB fit in AFC West?
- Bold Predictions for Baltimore Ravens’ Rookie Class (Yahoo! Contributor Network)
- The Shutdown Corner AFC West draft review podcast with Greg Cosell (Shutdown Corner)