When his career is finally finished, Peyton Manning may look upon the horrible year that 2011 was for him and feel thankful for it. Right now he is busy trying to prepare with his new Denver Broncos teammates for their September 9 opening game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Some day he may realize that his neck injury, subsequent surgeries, and release from the Indianapolis Colts ultimately were a gift to him. He may also realize that the NFL lockout, happening when it did, was perfect timing for everything to work out in the end.
Most recent posts
- Broncos’ Welker adds more firepower
- Te’o off-limits to media but not Maxim party (The Associated Press)
- NFL roundup: Gronkowski surgery shows he’s clear of infection (The SportsXchange)
- Peyton Manning Charles Woodson would be a great addition (NBC Sports)
- ProFootballTalk Manning’s contract gives Broncos cap relief (NBC Sports)