Remember the Week 2 debacle of a game between the Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons? Atlanta won the game, 27-21, but the football particulars were overshadowed by the mistakes made by the crew led by replacement official Ken Roan. Roan’s crew blew two obvious spots, messed up a fumble, missed several penalties, and lost complete control of the game as coaching staffs for both teams went nuts, apoplectic at all the in-game delays. Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas has not forgotten, and he’s managed to win Halloween as a result. Thomas put up and later deleted a picture on his Twitter account in which he dressed up as a replacement ref — blackout glasses and “Replacement Referee” sign in tow, just in case we missed the point. Fortunately, Denver radio host Peter Burns snatched the picture for posterity and put it up on his own account. Of course, the NFL kept the real officials locked out until the Green Bay Packers lost a game they should have won against the Seattle Seahawks a week later, and it was more clear than ever that something needed to be done. Both games were Monday Night Football contests, which gave the entire football-watching nation the real truth when it came to just how bad these guys were.
Most recent posts
- Moore, Broncos Put His Big Blunder Behind Them
- Moore, Broncos put his big blunder behind them (The Associated Press)
- Projecting How Cincinnati Bengals Stack Up Against Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens in 2013 (Yahoo! Contributor Network)
- Rahim Moore, Denver Broncos put big blunder behind them
- NFL Roundup: Freeney headed to Chargers, Williams in lawsuit with former fiancee (The SportsXchange)