In NFL history, the two free-agent signings that stood above all were Reggie White to the Packers and Drew Brees to the Saints. Peyton Manning to the Broncos makes it a top three. The Broncos won the AFC West last year with a staggering amount of Tebow-fueled luck in close games. Manning was a free agent and John Elway was ready to shake things up. He knew Tebow wasn’t delivering a championship contender, and he lured Manning away from other suitors such as San Francisco, which seemed at the time to be in much better shape to compete for a championship. Once again, Manning saw the play develop well before it happened.
Most recent posts
- First Down: RG-Glee, QB’s freak recovery echoes Peterson’s (Roto Arcade)
- Broncos’ Hillman bulks up for second season in league
- Here’s Why the Denver Broncos Don’t Want to Be a Super Bowl Favorite (Yahoo! Contributor Network)
- Former AFL star Costa dies (The SportsXchange)
- Former Denver Broncos center Tom Nalen admits to deliberately trying to hurt another player (Shutdown Corner)